Starting to blog at WordPress has been one of the best things I did recently. Not only did it give me a medium to jot down my thoughts, I have been able to connect and get inspired from fellow bloggers. Therefore, getting a recognition in the form of this award is an amazing feeling!
So here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Display your award.
- Answer the questions you were asked.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers.
- Ask 6 new questions.
- Let your nominees know they were nominated and give them a link to your post.
Joyful Stephanie nominated me for this honor and I am so motivated and thankful for it. Thank you so much Stephanie.
As part of the Liebster award, there are some questions I must answer, so let’s do that first!
The questions and their answers that I have tried my best to do justice to:
1. What was a major turning point in your life?
I don’t think my life was that eventful to comprise of major turning points. I have had some bumps and breaks along the way though, some expected and unexpected. With the birth of my second daughter I was in a totally different place- I realized I was a homemaker and a mother of two under the age of 2. This was my new description. This brought a slight depression in me. This was not at all what I had pictured for myself. I thought I would this superb working mother who had it all together. Not being that image I had carved out upset me to a great extent.
2. What positive life lesson did you learn from this major turning point?
Getting out of this phase took some time and a lot of effort. A lot of people around tried to motivate me. They would compare my situation with people of worse situations but this unfortunately backfired. I would get very agitated. Slowly with time and mainly self contemplation I realized that my choice to be a stay at home mother was mine and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I wouldn’t want anybody else look after my children. On the other hand, my career that I wanted to build would still be there for me to pick up from where I left it. For all you know, life must be waiting to offer me something better and at a better time.
The main lesson I learnt is that life may not go as you hoped but life has great plans and hopes for you. Stay true to who you are. Never lose the individual you are whether you become a mother or wife or stay-at-home mom!
3. Who is your greatest inspiration and why is this person a greatest inspiration?
It is so difficult to pinpoint on a person and say he/she is my greatest inspiration. There are some influencers in my life though. One such person who had a great influence on me was my maternal aunt, who I affectionately call Kunjaunty (the literal translation meaning, small aunty). While I did my post- graduate studies, I briefly stayed with her and that stay changed so many of my views to life, to people, even in my Christian Faith. She is the one who taught me the practicality of life.
4. What is your favorite book and why is this your favorite book?
A thousand splendid suns by Khalid Hosseini.
This book is such a well- written and moving book. The thought of the book itself gets me all emotional. A must read for all.
5. What is your favorite movie and why is that your favorite movie?
Picking a favorite movie is so difficult for me! I have so many favorites and I’m sure to have another favorite tomorrow. So just to make myself happy I’m gonna mention a few, sorry!
- On an autobiographical line : Pursuit of Happiness & Blind Side
- Animated : Ratatouille
- Drama : Shawshank Redemption
I’m a big fan of feel- good movies and movies that has the protagonist move forward with hope and perseverance.
6. Potato chips or chocolate? Which one would you choose if you had a craving for a snack?
This is so difficult to choose! But I’m a more chocolate person I guess, so here’s me picking chocolate for my midnight snack! Yum!
Nominate 5 Bloggers:
1. Effie – Efi soul 63
3. Mathew Philip
4. Golden Bird
5. Thoughts for Change
I love these bloggers for their wonderful content and their views. What’s more, they are such good constructive critiques and motivators to their fellow bloggers.
So now it’s time for some new questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite quote and why?
3. Which one would you prefer – a walk in the park or a stroll on the beach?
4. What is the greatest gain and loss of our current generation?
5. What is your comfort food in times of gloom?
Thank you once again Stephanie for the opportunity! This was indeed so much fun and your questions were amazing and challenging to answer.
Hope to keep our blog-friendship on for long!
Happy blogging everybody!!